Robotic Machine Tending & Deburring
This customer's facility had 3 existing CNC machines and required an efficient way to introduce a fourth. Bastian Robotics developed a robotic system solution to service all four machines and greatly increase operational efficiency and throughput.
- FANUC R-2000iB 165kg Machine Tending Robot with R30iB controller
- Integrated robotic cable management system
- FANUC Soft Float option allows compliance between robot and machine tool fixtures while loading parts
- Allen Bradley 1768-L4xS Compact GuardLogix® Controller used to control cell and cell safety
- Custom Part Gripping End of Arm Tool with 2 parallel grippers used to handle 30 pound parts
- Custom Bastian Slat Conveyor used to feed raw parts to robot and take finished parts from cell
- Robotic verification of part machining, followed by deburring of machined surfaces utilizing axially compliant fixed-mount deburring tool
- System interfaces with multiple CNC machine manufacturers
PART-GRIPPING END OF ARM TOOL
- Machine tending robot was added to service all four CNC machines and greatly increased efficiency
- CNC machine utilization increased by at least 25%
- Daily throughput was increased by nearly 350 parts per day and more than 80,000 parts per year
- Improved operator ergonomics
- Accumulation allows for 20 minutes of unattended run time
Interested accumulation conveyor systems?
See more information on conveyor systems or contact us!