DICK’S Sporting Goods Wins with Hometown Distribution Center
Dick’s Sporting Goods, a leading sporting goods retailer, partnered with Bastian Solutions to improve order fulfillment speed and accuracy at their omni-channel distribution center in Conklin, NY. This facility is the company’s fifth nationally with 650,000 square feet of space, 7.7 miles of conveyor, and servicing up to 160 stores.
Interested in finding your own solution?
- Exacta Automated Order Routing
- Pick-to-light devices at picking stations
- Put To Light
- Cognex camera label scanners
- 38,000 ft+ of Hytrol conveyor
- Hytrol Prosort and pivot wheel sortation conveyors
- 4 3M semi-auto tapers
- FMH accumulating extendable conveyors
- Automated stretchwrappers
- 20% of product received is back stock – instead of sending these through the receiving sorter and clogging the system, they are immediately separated as they come in the door – increasing receiving sorter efficiency by that 20%. “peel off back stock”
- 182 lanes of pallet flow rack for staging outgoing store shipments, increasing vertical space usage and eliminating need for additional expansion
- Utilized gap and store, or reverse accumulation to improve conveyability of wide product mix.
- Cognex camera label scanners improved read rate from 85% to over 98%. More labels being scanned correctly means more product flows to the correct destinations.
Interested in goods-to-person technology?