New Material Handling System Allows Amway to Streamline Operations & Improve Customer Service
Amway—a leading direct seller of nutrition, wellness, beauty, and home care products—needed to streamline operations to increase efficiencies and improve customer experience. The company moved its Midwest Regional Service Center to a new facility—where it operates in a 50 percent smaller space—and installed a new, automated material handling system. The system can handle more than 30,000 cartons a day, and features energy-efficient conveyor, a warehouse control and management system, voice- and light-directed picking technologies, and a unique carton lidding system.
- Reduction in shipping container waste allowed trailers to hold an additional 6,000 pounds, removing 1-2 trailers per week from the shipping schedule
- The new system maintained the same amount of throughput in a 50% smaller facility
- Employee training time reduced from 30 to 5 minutes in pick areas
- Increased scanner and pick accuracy
- Faster order fulfillment times and improved customer experience
- Smaller facility and energy-efficient conveyor reduced operational costs
Interested in Pick to Light devices?
See more information on picking technology or contact us!