Cabela’s Hits Heavy Seasonal Demand for Outdoor Sports Enthusiasts
Cabela’s has great products for people who enjoy an outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality, and value. Started in 1961, the company has become the largest mail-order, retail, and internet outdoor outfitter in the world.
With major distribution centers in Nebraska and Wisconsin, Cabela’s turned to Bastian Solutions to help them automate a brand new distribution center in Wheeling, West Virginia
- Over 25,000 foot conveyor system
- 2 Hytrol ProSort sorters (one for retail, one for catalogue)
- Double-sided sorter at 90 cartons per minute (CPM)
- 3 –level 87,000 square foot Unarco pick module
- 48,000 square feet of Torbeck mezzanines
- Belted extendable truck loaders/unloaders in the dock areas
- High speed Datalogic scanner
- Mettler Toledo in-line scales
- Control system
- 6,000 feet Hytrol conveyor system
- 2 Hytrol ProSort sorters (ship alone & put to light (PTL))
- 240 position put to light system
- Gravity extendable truck loaders (shipping)
- Mecalux rack
- Warehouse control system
- Human machine interface
The ability to meet seasonal demand increased throughput: catalogue system achieved 94 CPM and ship alone sorter reached 30 CPM
Decreased transportation costs as orders to the east coast no longer had to be shipped from Wisconsin or Nebraska
Ergonomic handling of product for worker safety and job satisfaction
Interested in increased throughput?
See more information on sorters or contact us!