Newegg opens new facility to service Midwest customers
Newegg, one of the largest e-commerce electronics retailers in the U.S., opened a new, 400,000 square foot distribution center in Indianapolis, IN, to better support its growing Midwest customer base. The new system features Perfect Pick, a robotic, goods-to-person shuttle system; ZiPline low-profile conveyor; and a light-directed picking lane for fast moving SKUs.
PERFECT PICK GOODS-TO-PERSON SYSTEM
- High system throughput--up to 18,000 orders per day during peak season; 6-8,000 orders per day on average
- Reduced order cycle time to 20 minutes
- High system accuracy--picking allows for scanning of each item
- Low shipping cost--Packsize machine produces 200 different shipping containers for best cube
- Security--high-end items safely stored in OPEX Perfect Pick
- Scalability--easily expand Perfect Pick aisles to accommodate growth
Newegg Distribution Center Photos
Interested in goods-to-person technology?
See more information on Opex Perfect Pick or contact us!