Automation Products and the Traits of a Rock Star Distributor
As an independent systems integrator, Bastian Robotics is able to source virtually any technology. Some technologies are strategically sourced, and some we manufacture. For the ones not manufactured on our own shop floor, we are able to recommend and purchase the leading technologies for our material handling systems. A few examples of these technologies include:
- Pneumatics: Valves, vacuum products, pneumatic grippers, motion control
- Structural Aluminum: Modular framing, machine frames, guarding, enclosures
- Electrical Control: Sensors, scanners, light curtains, safety switches, controllers
When looking for a distributor for these automation products, there are a few key characteristics we look for:
- Response Time: How quick does the distributor respond to quote requests, delivery updates, and technical support needs?
- Pricing: Does the distributor make financial sense for your business? How willing are they to negotiate and help in regards to improving pricing and cutting lead times?
- Customer Service: Does the distributor go above and beyond what is asked of them? Are they willing to go the extra mile and hand deliver materials when you find yourself in a bind? Do they value their customers and understand the importance of your business?
Each of these characteristics makes for an excellent customer experience, and not only do we look for these characteristics in our suppliers, but we also work hard to practice these traits with our own customers. A strong focus on customer service, competitive pricing, and quick response times shows you value client relationships and have a commitment to producing a quality product. In my experience as manufacturing manager at Bastian Robotics, we have had the pleasure of working with many excellent distributors.
One in particular is Neff Power, who has been a great partner and distributor for us. Neff Power specializes in distributing automation and safety solutions from industry leading manufacturers such as Sick, Turck, and Schunk. We have relied on the knowledge of our Neff Power representative, Tom Schmitt, to help ensure we are utilizing the best technologies and most up-to-date products available for our customers. Product delivery, quality assurance, and quality control are all major factors in the success of a project, and a superior distributor can go a long way to help your company be successful. What do you look for in a good distributor?
No comments have been posted to this Blog Post
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Thank you for your comment.