Parts identification can be a tricky part of general maintenance on material handling equipment, especially conveyors, which typically have a lot of moving parts. As with all equipment, over time these parts can fail and will need to be replaced. Many times, your team might have spare parts on hand, but what happens when they don’t?
Here are a few pieces of information that you will want to gather before starting your hunt (I am using Hytrol Conveyor, however many of these tips will translate to others as well).
- Part Number (a great place to start). If you also have the description, even better. In some cases, the number is stamped on the part.
- A Serial Number or Factory Order (FO) number of the conveyor – When a conveyor ships from Hytrol, a sticker is attached to the side rail. The Serial # and FO # are specific to that conveyor.
If you don’t have the two above pieces of information, then a bit more detective work is needed. Don’t worry, though, because we have you covered!
- A picture (worth a thousand words, right?!) – photo of the part by itself and where it is on the conveyor can be very helpful. Just send it to us and we can help find the right replacement.
- Model or type of conveyor (is the conveyor gravity, belt over roller, chain driven, etc.).
- Overall conveyor width – some parts are specific to the size of the conveyor.
Now that you are armed with the correct information, you can contact us and speak directly to an applications engineer to help you find the right material handling equipment or conveyor part to reorder. Or, if you are more of a “do it yourself” person, we have an online store where you can find many conveyor parts as well as other material handling products and parts.
Happy hunting! If you get stuck, we are always ready to help!
No comments have been posted to this Blog Post
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published.
Thank you for your comment.