Composite Aircraft Components Freezer Storage Unit
The Boeing Company approached Bastian Solutions with requirements for a custom, automated vertical storage unit to store preplied, uncured, composite laminates on aluminum storage trays in a freezer operating at -20°F.
Bastian’s solution to this project was a two tower vertical lifting system with a custom, pivoting carriage between the two towers.
Interested in learning more?
- Overall dimensions: 46’ long x 22’ high x 8’ wide
- 20 unique storage locations
- 1,000 lbs. lifting capacity / 20,000lbs. storage capacity
- 20’ of vertical travel
- Synchronized telescoping actuators with integral conveying surfaces
- Automatic storage and retrieval of the product in less than 3 minutes
- Smooth and level lifting by means of synchronized electric motors
- Lift carriage and storage rack minimize part deflection to less than 0.1” over 40’
- (8) electronically synchronized motors power telescoping actuators
Interested in finding your own solution?