Increase productivity with pick and place robots
High-speed pick and place robots take product from one location to another with pinpoint accuracy. Human pick and place applications can require repetitive motion over a long duration resulting in possible ergonomic issues. High-speed pick and place robots can provide increased efficiency as well as decreased production costs and ergonomic issues.
Interested in implementing pick and place technology in your facility, or simply want to know more about it?
How Pick and Place Robots Work
High-speed pick and place robots can be mounted on a stand to allow the robots to access their entire working envelope. Product will enter the robotic work envelope after its orientation has been identified by an upstream vision system. Using a custom end of arm tool, the product will be picked and placed by the robot at the desired location. Product can pass/fail inspection based on customer defined specifications for length, straightness, shape, etc.
TELESCOPING END OF ARM TOOL
- Automates to processes that involve fast-moving conveyor
- Provides extremely high-speed output
- Eliminates fixtures therefore reducing cost
- 2D vision is flexible and easy to adapt
- Improved productivity and product quality
HIGH-SPEED PICK AND PLACE ROBOT
Bastian Solutions utilizes a creative concept and design process to ensure we implement the most appropriate tool for your application. Common applications include:
- Fast Assembly – robots can pick parts from incoming conveyor and assemble them onto work pieces carried by an outgoing conveyor with high precision.
- Inspection and Quality Control – robot visually inspects and picks out defective products moving on a fast conveyor.
- Fast Packaging – vision spots products spread out on moving conveyor and then the robot transfers them into packaging containers at high speed.
- Fast Sortation - robot instantaneously picks and separates different types of parts passing through its vision domain.
- Throughput can reach up to 200 products per minute
- Vision can identify 100 or more products on the moving conveyor per second
- High picking accuracy and tool compensation can bring placement error down to 0 mm
- Vision sensor and accessories are stationary-mounted
- Robotic system interfaces with PC or PLC
Interested in pick and place robotics or want to know more about it?