Wheel Vertical Lift
We have made several styles of lifts to vertically raise or lower wheels to different conveyor elevations. Typically the wheel delivery conveyors will run overhead to free up floor space, so the vertical lifts are used to get wheels into and out of manufacturing processes such as machining, shot blast, buffer storage, etc. We realize your plants run round the clock and our vertical lifts utilize tried and true technology to ensure high reliability and to minimize downtime. Due to the unique applications and customer preferences, different variations of vertical actuation and conveyance have been utilized.
Wheel Vertical Lift Specifications
- Vertical actuation typically done via an SEW-Eurodrive electric gearmotor. Designs have also been standardized for pneumatic cylinder lift depending on the loads and vertical travel required.
- Conveyor on lift carriage can be either gravity roller or powered roller conveyor.
- Gravity roller conveyor utilizes the vertical movement of the carriage to raise a stop when the carriage leaves the adjacent conveyor elevation. Once the lift has reached full up or full down position, the counterbalanced blade stop lowers to release the wheel. This method of conveyance is simple, but the wheel conveyability must be taken into account to make sure it will work reliably on gravity roller conveyor.
- Powered rollers on the lift carriage utilize powered motorized rollers with chain driven roll to roll design. This provides the most positive means of conveyance and does not rely on gravity for it to work.
- Lower elevations near operators include a safety tunnel to keep pinch points and such beyond arms reach.
- Lifts are available with a complete turnkey control system or less controls for you to integrate into your system.