Improve Your Process Efficiency with a Lean Manufacturing Consulting Study
Run your operation at optimum efficiency instead of spending time and resources on processes that don't add value to your final product. Our experts can help you figure out where to improve your system with a lean manufacturing consulting study.
Using the TPS (Toyota Production System), we'll help you identify and eliminate waste while focusing on what adds value within your production environments. This will help improve manufacturing process efficiency and ROI.
Ready to find your solution?
Talk to an engineer
Benefits of Lean Manufacturing Studies
TPS focuses on creating the highest quality with the lowest cost and the shortest lead times. And, it executes this by creating standardization for greater stability. In a warehouse or distribution center setting, this translates to:
- Elimination of wasted time, labor, and materials.
- Reduction of overproduction and extra processing.
- Improvement in material, labor, and transportation efficiency.
- Enhancement of inventory management with Kanban Principles.
- Increased throughput.
How Lean Manufacturing Studies Work
Working with your team, our consultants observe operations with a keen eye towards process improvement and removal of non-value-added operations to create a more efficient environment from start to finish.
Bastian Solutions consultants start by mapping value streams to identify waste in 8 key areas:
- Transportation — Are all movements of products or equipment necessary?
- Inventory — Do inventory levels meet demand, or has unnecessary excess built up?
- Motion — Do workers have what they need, where they need it to prevent unnecessary travel time?
- Waiting — Are there unnecessary delays waiting for materials or equipment?
- Over production — Are too much or too many items produced before they are needed?
- Over processing — Are duplicate or unnecessary steps being performed?
- Defects — Are quality issues and defects compromising the final product and creating rework or scrap?
- Skills — Is your workforce underutilized, or is their knowledge and experience not being used to improve operations?
This allows us to quantify takt time, the rate needed to complete a product for on-time delivery, and customer requirements while optimizing work cells and system layouts to focus on efficient resource utilization, value added activities, synchronous material flow, and shortened lead times.
Our advanced analytics fuel design iterations that improve your processes, utilizing the latest technology and material handling automation options available. Once our analysis is complete, customers receive:
- Waste elimination recommendations based on data-driven analysis.
- Quantitative data that supports system changes and/or upgrades.
- Improvement in system and labor efficiency.
Ready to find your solution?