Pallet Transfer Vehicles and Shuttle Cars
Pallet transfer cars provide an economical means of moving pallet loads long distances, and merging several pallet conveyor lines into one line. Pallet transfer cars are frequently used to distribute empty pallets in a large, multi-line palletizing system, as well as combine the full pallet discharges of the palletizing system into a common stretch wrapper.
Interested in implementing pallet transfer vehicles in your facility, or simply want to know more about it?
Transfer cars can be powered in several ways: timing belt drives, friction wheels, and most commonly, gear and rack drives. Positioning is generally performed by using an encoded motor on the drive. Laser positioning is an option as well. Depending on the length and speed of the transfer car, power is distributed to the shuttle by either a cable track or by an overhead power rail.
PALLET TRANSFER CAR
- Capacity of 4,000+ pounds
- Extremely reliable and accurate
- Speeds up to 600 feet per minute
- Merging of pallet conveyor lanes
- Empty pallet distribution to a palletizing system
- Full pallet merging to a common stretch wrapper
- Transportation of pallets over a long distance
- Structural materials
- Fully welded construction
- Precise positioning by use of an encoded drive
Interested in pallet dispenser stackers or want to know more about them?