In this OPEX goods to person system, Perfect Pick consists of three key components: a workstation for operators to pick or place items, iBOTs that retrieve or deliver products, and totes that hold the products.
In a Perfect Pick system, operators place items in designated totes at workstations. The totes are then transported by an iBOT into the system for storage until the items within are needed to fill an order.
When items are needed, an iBOT retrieves the designated tote and delivers it back to the workstation, where the operator picks the item specified and places it into the order box for shipping.
iBots are multidirectional wireless vehicles that travel along tracks within the Perfect Pick system. iBots are designed to:
- Pick and store totes and trays
- Access horizontal and vertical storage locations within their aisle
- Eliminate need for elevators, lifts, conveyors, or transfers
- Capture regenerated energy as they descend through the storage racks
- Include position tracking software for full optimization and efficiency
iBOTs bring totes or trays directly to the pickers and tilt and adjust to their height for ergonomic picking. iBOTs can provide system throughput rates of up to 1000 dual-cycles per hour.