Pallet Conveyor Solutions for Your Industry
Pallet handling conveyors are not a one-size-fits-all solution for manufacturing facilities, warehouses and distribution centers. Bastian Solutions integrates first-class technology that fits the unique requirements of your project to get operations running smoothly and efficiently. Our pallet handling equipment is trusted to increase throughput and flexibility while lowering overall costs of operations.
Interested in finding your own solution?
Featured Pallet Conveyor Technology
Pallet Conveyor Technology Types and Capabilities
Gravity Roller Pallet
Unpowered pallet conveyor features a series of rollers laid in succession within the conveyor frame. The pallet moves manually along the track, and the rollers help keep the pallet in motion by reducing friction between the rollers and the pallet itself.
- Rollers are most often used in gravity pallet conveyor systems with a few exceptions for skate wheel rails.
- Common for gravity conveyor sections to be slightly pitched to allow a small amount free spin. The amount of pitch depends upon the product and application, but generally is between ½ and 1 inch per foot.
Chain Driven Live Roller (CDLR) Pallet Conveyor
Chain Driven Live Roller (CDLR) conveyors are ideal for transporting loaded pallets, tires, drums, or other heavy items.
- Rugged and durable enough to handle even the toughest conditions with welded construction
- Sprocketed rollers and roll to roll chain system provide positive driving power to the product.
- CDLR can be configured in a variety of lengths, widths and roller spacing to meet the requirements of many different applications
- Can also be supplied with varying degree curve sections, featuring tapered rollers for better product tracking.
Drag Chain Pallet
Drag Chain (also referred to as multi-strand) Conveyor consists of parallel strands of roller chain used to convey loads. The chains are pulled along rails that support the chain, and the load to be conveyed sits directly on top of the chains.
- Preferred method of conveyance for applications in which the pallet or skid does not travel well on roller conveyor.
- If the pallet or skid is not strong enough to support the load, additional strands of chain can be added for additional support.
- Best suited when a minimum amount of starting and stopping is required.
Belt Driven Live Roller Pallet Conveyor
For lighter capacity applications (less than 1,000 lbs. per linear foot), belt driven live roller pallet conveyor can be an economical solution. A very common use of this conveyor is accumulation of returnable containers and empty pallets.
- Heavy duty 2.5” diameter rollers powered by a flat belt running under the rollers.
- Roller spacing can be configured and photo eyes can be added to accommodate zero pressure accumulation of pallets and skids.
- Another advantage of this conveyor is that it can be positioned very low to the floor (as low as 12” top of roller).
24V DC Powered Pallet
The advancement of 24V DC conveyor technology continues to revolutionize the powered conveyor industry.
- Commonly only used for conveyance of small boxes and other light duty requirements, 24V DC technology is now being used to convey pallets and other large, heavy loads.
- Simple and safe solution can be extremely cost effective when implemented in the correct application.
- Achieves the lowest possible top of conveying surface elevation possible.
Heavy Duty Slat
A slat conveyor is a piece of equipment used to move heavy or oddly shaped objects. It’s comprised of one or more endless chains to which steel slats are attached.
- Slat conveyors are commonly used to convey hot, oily parts, items that must be conveyed through heat drying processes and various other assembly operations.
- Slat conveyors are also commonly installed within pits so that the top surface of the conveyor is flush with the floor. When run at low speeds, this allows operators the ability to walk on and around components being conveyed.
- Slat conveyors are commonly installed on the main assembly lines in automobile plants.
There are several different designs of pallet accumulation conveyor. However, all designs allow for zero pressure accumulation of products. This is important as zero pressure (no back pressure) helps prevent product damage and prolongs the life of equipment. In the past pallet accumulation was accomplished by utilizing senor rollers tided to mechanical clutches. Today’s pallet accumulation technology includes photo eye controlled networked AC and DC motor controlled zoned accumulation.
Pallet Transfers and
Pop-up chain and roller transfers are used to divert heavy unit loads at right angles by lifting and gently transferring them. The transfer remains inactive when product needs to pass through a junction.
- Powered turntables with chain-driven rollers ensure that loads can be reoriented when material flow lines intersect or change direction.
- Bastian Solutions has years of experience designing and integrated a wide variety of different transfer and turntable solutions.
High Speed Pallet
Transfer cars handle distribution, supply, and order picking functions at conveyor line heads or between conveyor lines and palletizing stations.
- Transfer cars are frequently used to distribute empty pallets in a large, multi-line palletizing system, as well as combine the full pallet discharges of the palletizing system into a common stretch wrapper.
Pallet Conveyor Parts and Accessories
Bastian Solutions has a wide selection of parts and accessories for pallet conveyors for all makes and models. If you don't see what you're looking for online, please give us a call.
Custom Pallet Conveyor
If you have an application and it has unique requirements that really don’t fit standard applications, please let our “Customs Group” take a look at it. Bastian Solutions has 60+ years of experience designing and integrating custom pallet conveyor solutions.
Bastian Solutions application engineers can help you specify the correct conveyor and layout for your system. We can also assist with the conveyor installation and industrial controls.
Interested in finding your own solution?