Your Global AutoStore Integrator
With our ability to integrate material handling systems, large and small, Bastian Solutions has seen repeated success with AutoStore installations across North and South America. Now as a global AutoStore integrator, we look forward to continued success with our clients on an international scale.
AutoStore is an innovative storage solution that allows complete configurability and flexibility. Bins are stacked vertically in a grid and retrieved by robots that travel on the top layer of the system. This makes it possible for the grid to be placed around columns, on mezzanines, and on multiple levels.
Combined with Exacta software and other picking and conveying solutions, AutoStore systems are great for a variety of industry segments including ecommerce and omnichannel facilities as well as third-party logistics and parts management. Bastian Solutions can help with the selection and implementation of the right technologies and provide support 24/7 after go-live.
Interested in finding your own solution?
AutoStore Customer Success Stories
Bastian Solutions is recognized as one of the top AutoStore integrators. See our top customer success stories featuring AutoStore.
An AutoStore system is comprised of 4 main components: a structural grid, delivery robots, storage bins, and an operator port. Products are stored in stacked bins within the dense aluminum grid. As a product is needed to fulfill an order, the system software and controls alert a robot to find the bin containing the item.
If the bin is buried beneath other bins, a robot stages the extra bins on top of the grid until it retrieves the desired bin. It then takes that bin to the edge of the grid and delivers it to the operator fulfilling the order. As the bin is delivered, another AutoStore robot cleans up the staged bins on top of the grid by returning them to their original position.
As this process continues, the AutoStore system self-profiles, meaning the bins with faster moving products begin moving toward the top of the system, and bins with slower moving products transition to the bottom.
AUTOSTORE RED LINE BIN PICKING ROBOT
- High storage density
- More storage locations
- 40-60% reduction of space
- High flexibility
- Easy to integrate into existing warehouses
- Flexible layout – Build grid around pillars and other static obstacles
- Applicable in low ceiling buildings
- Easy to expand
- Increase capacity by adding robots, workstations and grid (bin locations)
- Expand the system during full operation
- Minimum 98% availability
- Reduced single point of failure issues.
- Consolidation of orders at the work stations
- eCommerce / web shopping
- Seasonal changes automatically adjusted
- Capacity throughput depending on SKU-rotation = Bin distribution
- Order structure
- Design of the system (robots, workstations…)
Green Usage & Cost Savings
- Very low power consumption
- No roof-lighting is needed/used during normal operation of the system.
- Battery regenerating during operation
- Reduced air to heat/clean/cool
- Optimized warehouse utilization
- Building/rental cost savings
- Up to 50% more effective staff compared to traditional picking methods
- Labor cost savings
- Short learning curve working at port
Total Control & Reliability
- Extreme high warehouse stock accuracy
- Inventory count at the end of the year is no longer required.
- Strong reduction of process and delivery errors
- No access to inventory other than at the workstations or the secured service area
Specifications for AutoStore
- Max lifting speed: 5.2 ft/s (1.6 m/s)
- Grid: aluminum structure in which bins are stored on top of each other
- Bin: unit in which products are stored
- Port: where bins are delivered to operators
- Robot: unit that transports bins throughout grid
- Controller: plans and executes all AutoStore activity
BIN PICKING ROBOT ON GRID
- Most cost-effective choice for low and medium throughput operations
- Uses single-double grid, meaning robots can only pass each other in one direction
- R5 robot
- Size: covers 2 storage cells
- Accommodates 220 mm and 330 mm bins
- 3.1 m/s drive speed
- 71 dB sound
- Cycle charging requires additional R5 robots to compensate
- Carousel port
- 250 bins per hour with R5 robots
- 300 bins per hour with B1 robots
- Higher throughput, more efficient 24/7 operations, and taller bins for high-demand systems
- Most new components are compatible with old components
- New double-double grid means robots can pass in all directions in tighter, more sophisticated patterns
- B1 robot:
- Size: covers 1.5 storage cells
- 75% higher acceleration than R5, due to brushless direct-drive motors in each wheel
- 30 bins per hour per B1 robot. accommodating 220, 330, and 425 bin heights
- Lithium ion battery pack swap in 20 seconds, 99% run time
- Smaller footprint/higher robot density
- Relay port is fastest workstation ever
- 650 bins per hour with B1 robots, minimum bin exchange time of 2 seconds
Interested in AutoStore or want to know more about it?