Cobots are designed to operate alongside human labor which translates to unique design considerations. Compared to typical industrial robots, these robots have a shorter reach, handle smaller payloads, and, due to safety requirements, operate at significantly slower speeds. For operations requiring fast speeds or if heavy objects are handled, traditional industrial robotics may be a better solution.
However, cobots introduce numerous features and benefits that can help automate your facility in a safe, cost-effective way.
- Safe operation alongside human collaborators with multiple safety features
- Faster, easier deployment due to compact, modular work cells
- Easy programming and more open maintenance access due to collaborative design
- Integrates with cutting-edge AI software and machine vision for autonomous, accurate product handling
- Decreased ergonomic concerns regarding repetitive, repeatable tasks
- Reduced safety hardware allows for deployment of robots in tighter spaces
- Fewer infrastructure requirements and smaller size makes redeployment easy